The Chili Kuti Africa (CKA) Website and Mobile App are intended for the use of families. Although we are not allowed to offer subscriptions to minors it is highly probable that families using our facilities might allow their children access to the App/Website.
We live in a region inhabited by many different cultures with differing moral values. CKA intends to try, to the best of our ability, to be sensitive to these cultures and avoid causing offense and/or distress to people and groups.
Our mission is to be a highly ethical and trusted source of information to the people of Southern and South Eastern Africa
It is our intention to ensure that all content is acceptable under those circumstances.
Chili Kuti Africa reserves the right to decline any advertisements and/or content at its sole discretion where it believes the advert may be offensive, illegal, inappropriate or contrary to the public interest.
CKA is not obliged to disclose its reasons and/or enter into discussions over these decisions.
In the interests of clarity we have listed below some of the more obvious categories / items. This list is not fully comprehensive and there may well be other categories. If there is any doubt please contact us in advance and discuss the issue.
A really good common sense guide is to ask yourself: “Would I really be happy and unconcerned if this [….] had to be shown to my mother or spouse or children. Would I be happy if I or my family was the target of this [….]?” If there is any doubt, don’t do it!
1.1 Honesty and Fairness
No Fraud or Deception.
Your Adverts should not be fraudulent, deceptive or include misleading titles, statements or illustrations. Your product or service must accurately match the text of your Advert. The photos and images in your Advert should be an accurate reflection to the product or service being advertised. The claims you make in your Advert should be factual. Do not make deceptive or inaccurate claims about competitive products or services. Do not imply you or your product are affiliated with or endorsed by others without their permission. Do not advertise prices or offers that are inaccurate – any advertised discount, offer, or price must be easily verifiable.
Fair and Legal Billing Practices.
The products and services advertised in your Advert should have fair and legal billing practices. Pricing, fees and payment terms should be clear and easily findable and understandable by your customers prior to their purchase or completion of the transaction, including explaining the rights to refunds, termination and any applicable interest.
1.2 Offensive or Discriminatory
Even if legal in the applicable jurisdiction, CKA does not allow Adverts that advocate, promote or contain discriminatory hiring practices or denial of education, housing or economic opportunity based on age, gender, religion, ethnicity, race or sexual preference.
Hate, Violence, Discrimination.
CKA does not allow Adverts that include hate speech or show or promote violence or discrimination against others or damage to their property or are personal attacks on any individual, group, company or organization or otherwise advocating against or targeting any individual, group, company or organization. CKA also does not allow harassing or threatening Adverts.
Please use appropriate and acceptable language in your Advert. Do not use language that could be considered offensive by any reasonable viewer of your Advert. CKA is the sole judge of the appropriateness of any words or phrases in your Adverts on CKA.
Offensive to Good Taste. CKA does not allow Adverts that are, in our opinion, indecent, vulgar, suggestive or that, in the opinion of CKA, may be offensive to good taste. In special circumstances, CKA may determine that an Advert that was acceptable, is no longer appropriate given current events. Adverts that depict violent or degrading behaviour are not acceptable. Provocative speech, especially that relating to political, sexual or religious issues, is prohibited in Adverts on CKA.
1.3 Restricted Products and Services
CKA does not allow advertising related to any of the following:
Dating & Personals
- Content must not promote one-night stands, hook-ups, and sexual encounters
- Content must not promote infidelity or casual sex
- Massage Parlours (except where only genuine medical/health massage is performed
Health/Beauty and Cosmetics
- May not make illegitimate or unproven claims about results
- No before/after photos of unlikely results
- May not allude to diagnose, cure, prevent, treat, or reverse any disease, condition, or illness
Financial Services (Restricted)
- Content must comply with financial governing bodies
- Cryptocurrency is not allowed, with the exception of editorial content from premium publisher sites. The following is explicitly not allowed:
- Digital currency exchanges
- Investment and trading advice
- Content cannot include the promotion of gambling, or be hosted on a site where gambling is facilitated
- No paid Fantasy Sports
- Apps promoting free games is allowed
- Promotion of physical casinos (as a destination) IS allowed
- State Run lotteries are allowed
- Direct competitors cannot promote negative content that defames or otherwise compromises an industry competitor without clear disclosure
1.4 Prohibited Products and Services
CKA does not allow advertising related to any of the following:
- No promotion or sale of adult products
- Content may not be:
- Overly sexual
- Imply nudity
- Display excessive amounts of skin, cleavage or focus unnecessarily on body parts
- Allude to sexual activity
- Unacceptable language (Profanity, Blasphemy etc.)
Controlled or Illegal Substances
- Content cannot promote:
- The sale or consumption of alcohol
- Ads must not promote the sale or use of illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco-related products such as cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco.
- Sites that seek to intentionally deceive the reader into believing something that is not true
- Content designed to deceive the reader into believing that they are reading legitimate editorial content or fact-based news
- Could be a cleverly disguised advertisement (with little or no value afforded to the reader) or a piece of propaganda or a hoax
Hate, Violence, or Discrimination
- Content cannot:
- Defame an individual, organization, or group of people
- Exploit or endanger minors
- Segregate or classify individuals or groups of people by race, religion, ethnicity, sexual origin, colour, age, gender identity, family status, disability, or medical condition
- Include the use or promotion of weaponry or explosives
- State a political point of view
High Risk of Fraud
- No content that encourages high-risk investments or money-making schemes with the intention of profiting off user participation (i.e. “Get Rich Quick” Schemes)
- Pyramid Schemes
- No Payday Loans or Cash Advance Loans
- No Debt Consolidation Services
- Contains adware, malware, spyware, virus, Trojan Horses, or other features designed to infiltrate or damage computer systems or access personally identifiable user information without explicit user consent
- No Political content will be accepted
- Content cannot advocate for or promote one religion over another
- No male enhancement or erectile dysfunction products directly sold to consumers
Unsafe Products or Supplements
- No anabolic steroids, ephedra, or HGH (others may be added according to our discretion)
- No herbal supplements that mimic the effects of illegal substances
- No weight loss supplements
1.5 Image Guidelines
Pictures, Videos, GIFS, Thumbnail Images etc. (Including Cartoons or Animations) Cannot Include:
- Nudity or sexual imagery
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Imagery that is designed to provoke, offend, or shock
- Circles or Arrows placed to highlight a specific part of the image
- Violence, gore, or dead bodies
- Graphic images of physical deformities or health conditions
- Zoomed in body parts
- Profanity, offensive, or sexually suggestive text
- Before/After Photos
- Politicians/Celebrities for Product Endorsement
- Political or Religious Symbols
- Symbols or Imagery of Hate Speech
2.0 Safety and Privacy
Safety and Security. CKA does not permit content that may endanger our users in any manner
Privacy. CKA does not permit content that may compromise our user’s privacy.
3.0 Cultural Sensitivity
Countries and Cultures
CKA has been designed to appeal to users throughout the 9 countries of Southern and South Eastern Africa.
Within these territories there are numerous different cultures with widely differing religious, sexual, moral and traditional beliefs.
CKA encourages our advertisers to take all reasonable actions to avoid antagonising any of our cultures.
CKA, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to reject any content which in our opinion may alienate sections of our user base.